Services offered can be categorised by the old cliché: working “in your business” rather than “on your business”.
The common priorities of Principals’ activity in design firms are:
First: clients and projects
Secondly: operations ~ managing resources, finance and technology
Lastly: strategically designing the firm.
My services are the reverse of these priorities ~ aiming to mirror Principals’ natural priorities and deliver business planning with defined objectives and pathways to achieve them.
The parallel service offerings are:
Commonly one-off assignments but ideally include a review cycle
- Strategic Planning ~ preparation plus assistance with implementation;
- Mergers and Acquisitions ~ assisting sustainability and resolving un-sustainability;
- Succession Planning ~ developing strategies including business valuations;
- Business Development ~ tactical or material support, specific and general;
Commonly defined assignments to establish procedures or implement change, but may involve on-going support or mentoring
- Technology ~ designing and assisting change and productivity strategies, including resource management, accounting, CAD and BIM;
- Financial Management ~ critical recording and reporting systems referencing industry specific Key Performance Indicators;
- Team Management ~ team selection, performance reviews and career development;
- Project Management ~ client agreements, joint ventures, alliances.